SDET stands for Software Development Engineer in Test or Software Design Engineer in Test, this kind of role is originated from Microsoft and currently many organisations are demanding such SDET professionals who can participate in development of the application and also in testing of the software developed. Tester on the other hand can be a manual tester or quality analyst who does not participate in software development. SDET are often involved in developing the quality, robust and high performance code which is useful in automation of test cases or designing the testing framework which can be used as a testing tool. SDET also reviews the design and processes of the software product.
SDET course main objective is to produce a competent SDET, who can fit in this challenging role and perform day to day activities with both development and testing department. Practical assignments/lab are the important part of this course.
What are the roles and responsibilities of an SDET?
- SDET should able to perform Test Automation and setting up frameworks on multiple application platforms like Web, Mobile, and Desktop.
- Takes part in SDLC process.
- Able to work on design and development activities.
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team members.
- Able to adopt agile environment of working.
- Working ability with DevOps environment.
- Business-driven development is an important role of SDET.
Who can do this course?
- BE, BTech, MCS, MCM, BCS, BSc, BCA (Candidates appeared for final year can apply).
- Knowledge of any programming language with Good Aptitude & Communication skills will be an added advantage.
- Manual testers who would like to move into Automation testing roles
Module 1 : SDET introduction
- Roles & responsibilities of SDET
- Career opportunity for SDET
- Basic programming
- Object-Oriented Programming
- File Handling
- Exception Handling
- Generic classes
- Collections APIs
Module 2 : Object-oriented Programming using Java
- Create object-oriented programs using Java programming language.
- Create Java classes by extending existing Java classes.
- Use interfaces in Java application.
- Access internal properties of a class using reflection.
- Apply Exception Handling mechanism in Java application.
Module 3: Test automation using Selenium WebDriver
- Create scripts using Record and Playback feature of Selenium
- How selenium identifies an Object
- Apply Checkpoints
- Enhance your test scripts
- Use WebDriver for automation
- Use TestNG Framework
Module 3: Behaviour Driven Development – BDD using Cucumber
- What is BDD?
- Writing Effective Feature Files
- Given-When-Then Scenarios
- Cucumber Framework
- Cucumber and Data Tables
- Cucumber and Selenium
Module 4: Real-Time Project
- Understanding documentation of system under test
- Creation of test scenarios, test cases and their execution
- Defect Management and Reporting
- Creating automation Scripts
- Execution and debugging of automation scripts